Friday, February 02, 2007

Mummy Dearest

Ashley has been attending a british school here in Beijing, meaning that it follows a British School Cirriculum. Now, with a classroom full of diversity - I'm not sure how many different countries are represented in her classrom, but I would say at least 10 - you would think she would be able to maintain her own "American" accent. But no...she hasn't. On our trip to Australia, we found out just how prominent Ashley's new accent is. She kept getting asked over and over again if she was British! Since Ashley's 2 best friends both hail from England, Ashley has picked up on their accents. She says lots of words that we don't say coming from the States and I even have a new name - I am now known as "mummy". I wonder what Liz will be talking like in a few years.

No comments: