Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Frustrating Days

We have ants in our kitchen – AGAIN. We had a large infestation last summer and now the ants are back. I’ve taped up a hole in the cabinets and that kept them at bay for about a day. But then, this morning, I opened up one of our cabinets and there were many, many ants. I called the local management office to have them come and try and take care of the problem. They came, pulled the dishwasher out, said it was all bad and they needed to do some caulk work. I said ok. They said it costs money and I must pay them. I said no – I am refusing to keep paying for maintenance and upkeep of the house when the landlord should be the one paying for these things. They seemed confused and said ok, they would send a quotation to the landlord to get approval to caulk part of the cabinet. ARGH. Yes, a quotation to put about 2 feet worth of caulk in the kitchen has to be sent to the landlord for approval in order for them to fix anything. This is ridiculous. I am quite frustrated right now about the whole rental thing with a landlord who isn’t accessible and a rental agent who only cares about getting money for herself, not about keeping the client happy.

We also had a rather large heating bill for December, when we weren’t even here for 2 weeks and I have complained and the rental agent just said to me – who cares, isn’t the company paying for it anyway? – Yes, this is the type of service we get. It sucks. That is one thing about China that I get really, really sick of. Customer Service. It just doesn’t exist (unless you are willing to pay for it).

No comments: