Monday, April 30, 2007

Rug Day

We bought some new rugs. I've been wanting a good rug for the living room for a LONG time now and we finally broke down and got one. There are so many places to buy rugs here - and at a large variety of prices. You can buy pure silk, pure wool and fake stuff too. It's quite overwhelming, which is one reason I hesitated buying one. When I had some curtains made here, the lady told me she knew a warehouse she could take me to look at carpets. So I called Brenda, the curtain lady, and asked if we could go look at carpets. She had us meet here there - a warehouse for a Beijing carpet company. We checked out all the carpets and there were many that we liked. Some were quite expensive (around 1000 US) and some not too bad. I also asked if they had kids rugs and they had the most adorable kids dinosaur rug - I just had to get it for Ryken's room. So there they are, the two rugs we ended up with:



Wool and Silk Carpet - changes color with light

Ryken's Room - wool rug

No comments: