Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vacation Week Over

We had a great week with Anthony home on vacation and the girls off of school. I got to go away for some much needed ALONE time for 2 nights! Anthony put me up at the Hyatt downtown for 2 nights. I spent a lot of time reading, walking and window shopping. It was enjoyable, even with the masses of people around due to the May holiday.

Anthony and I also got a night away by ourselves - without the kids! The first time since before Ryken was born (unless you count the night we spent in the hospital while I had surgery on my nose, not exactly romantic, but hey, there were no kids). We left the kids with the ayi and went about 1.5 hours away. It was weird not being right there with them, but we trust the ayi and she loves our kids so much. They did great and had a good time without us. It was also wonderful to have a super happy excited greeting by the kids when we got home.

We stayed the night at a place on the wall - in a little "cabin" made to look like a little cave. Other than lots of bugs in the place, it was a really nice place. To walk about 1 minute and be on the wall was also pretty cool. It was a neat part of the wall, not restored, so harder to climb and but cool to look at. I didn't climb as much as I wanted due to my still sore ankle.


No comments: