Thursday, April 12, 2007

But I'm NOT Tired

I've been having lots of issues getting Liz to sleep everynight. I really have no idea how each night is going to go and am quite surprised when it goes well. Given that the girls share a room and Ashley is usually keen to go to sleep, it is difficult to do any sort of bedtime enforcement for Liz - who will cry and scream for hours. The other night, I actually had Ashley tell me, with tears building up, to just be nice to Liz - that I should just let her have baby and go to sleep (Liz was refusing to lay down and I said she couldn't have her baby until she laid down). Poor Ashley doesn't enjoy dealing with Liz at bedtime and neither do I. I finally have just given up the fight. I get both girls ready for bed, do the whole routine, read stories, lay down and then just leave the room. If Liz gets up and follows me, I don't say anything, just go about my business and pretend she's not there. Sometimes, like tonight, this works GREAT! After 5 minutes of me doing other stuff, here is where I found Liz in the living room - and she said she wasn't tired...

No comments: