Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mahjong

I've decided to learn how to play mahjong. Every other week, I get together with a group of women here who are also learning to play and we learn new rules and play together. I think it's a pretty complex game, so far, I've only learned the basics. I have heard there are many different variations to the game, including a "western style" for foreigners. Not sure why the foreigners need their own style. You can buy different sets, with the numbers written in English (1,2,3...) on them or with the Chinese Characters for the numbers. Today, I played with the English tiles and last time, I played with the Chinese characters. Makes one learn the number characters quite fast. I find it a fun game and it feels good to "use my brain" every once in a while! So, look out my friends! When I'm back home in the States, we'll have to set up a Mahjong night (the guys get poker, we can do Mahjong)!

No comments: