Sunday, September 16, 2007

Culinary Delights

It was not an adventurous weekend by any means! Both Friday and Saturday night were Papa John’s Pizza! Friday night we had dinner with Ashley’s best friend’s parents at their house – after Ashley had a playdate at their house – so pizza was the best and easiest thing for dinner – it was supreme with wine. Saturday night was dinner at another family’s house – ones that Anthony had met on the street months ago and got contact info from. They have 3 kids, all similar ages, but opposite gender. The girls had a blast playing with the boys and it was fun to see them all get along so well. Again, we had pizza, this time pepperoni with beer – branching out a bit. It was nice being sociable and meeting some new people and having some fun. Today, we had New Orleans style food for lunch at a place called Café Du Monde – the food is excellent. And dinner was at The Flying Fox – which is an Irish place – with Guiness Stew, usually very yummy.

Ashley got a new bike last weekend – with gears – so she’s been busy riding her bike and trying out all the gears. Liz started using Ashley’s old bike today and did great riding it around. I am starting to get used to riding the bike everywhere – even in the rain – which I really do not enjoy by any means! But it’s manageable, as long as it’s not pouring. This last week, I forgot to pull the rain poncho over the top of the handle bars, so it was just laying down the front side of me and I got SOAKED through – it kept riding up every time I would pedal and water would just come pouring in – I think that was a 4 shower day. I just keep reminding myself that I am helping the environment by not having a car. When it’s nice outside, I don’t have to say that to myself, as it is great riding around in the sunshine and warmth. But, when it’s raining out I have to remind myself over and over and over again – as I grind my teeth and charge through the cold and wetness.

No comments: