Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Car, A Car

While I was here in the States, Anthony bought a car for us in Shanghai! I am so excited to go back and have our very own car for driving around! The renting an old minivan was becoming a hassle and costing a fortune! I will have to post a pic when we get back but it is a Nissan Livina Geniss (which Anthony said the non-English speaking dealer pronounced as Guiness). I do think Guiness will be my new nick name for it - nothing like driving around a car named after beer :) It has 3 rows of seats but is more like a car than a minivan or SUV.

I don't really know how the whole sale of the car went down between an non-English speaking salesman and a non-Chinese speaking buyer, you'll have to question Anthony on that one. I do know that he brought a friend with him to help with the process. I've been told that our temporary plates last for 6 days and they will register them when we return, then hope that 6 days later we can get an official license plate. Not sure how that works, but hopefully, it does. Anthony also told me that when he test drove the car - the odometer wasn't working - he questioned the salesman about it and his reply was that they unhook it so there are no miles added to the car when testdriving before selling it!!! Isn't that crazy?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite brilliant capitalists