Tuesday, July 25, 2006

18 months ago

I meant to post this awhile ago - just a little insight into what a major traumatic event can seem like to a 5 year old. She talked about this before the most recent tsunami in Java. Sometimes, Anthony and I forget that she was witness to the tsunami, until she says little things like this. It breaks my heart but gives me hope that she doesn't seem afraid or fearful when she talks about it quite matter of factly.

June 29, 2006

Out of the blue – in the car today – Ashley asks “what is an earthquake mommy?” I explain it as best I can and then she asks “but what about the water, remember, the dirty water that was everywhere with the earthquake?”….wow, we hadn’t talked about the tsunami in a long, long time. So, I explained to her best I could what had happened. Then she says “maybe we can take a rocketship to the moon and there won’t be any earthquakes or water”.

No comments: