Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day by Day

Anthony has started his job in Shanghai. He flies there on Sunday evenings and comes back to Beijing on Thursday night. It is hard having him gone for the week, although we stay so busy with the kids after school activities that it does go by quickly.

Things got a bit hairy last week when I took a fall (yes, again!) and twisted my ankle. I thought it was allright, but once I tried to stand up afterwards, I couldn’t put any pressure on it. So, off I went to the doctor. Thank goodness for the ayi and for friends as they were all able to take care of the kids at the last minute so I could go. They did Xrays and determined that nothing was broken, just a bad sprain. My foot swelled up and is now mostly purple and yellow. I was on crutches for a few days and did a lot of butt crawling up and down the stairs. It’s getting better, but it’s definitely a day by day thing. I’m hoping soon I can fit it into a regular shoe and can stop wearing my slippers everywhere.

Ashley and Liz are both taking swimming lessons now. We had a major breakthrough 2 weeks ago when Liz put her head in the water while wearing goggles – because Liz did it, then Ashley did it – so we have finally gotten past that part. Liz is much more into learning how to swim and enjoys putting her head in and swimming around – she’s trying to see how long she can stay underwater – if she can beat her swim instructor. Ashley, on the other hand, is very much ready to just doggie paddle her way through the water without getting her head wet in anyway. So, the instructor sure does have his work cut out for him.

No comments: